From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
A swamp is a region consisting of both plant life and water. Swamps are usually aligned with the elements of Forest and Water, along with aspects of Shadow. The water in swampy places is sometimes poisonous and it can harm Link if he makes contact with it.
Swamp may refer to anyone of these areas found in The Legend of Zelda series:
- Gooey Swamp, an area on the Second Continent in Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland.
- Goponga Swamp, located on the northwest quadrant of Koholint Island in Link's Awakening.
- Great Swamp, an area in A Link to the Past.
- Midoro Swamp, a mire located to the far northeast of Water Town of Saria in The Adventure of Link.
- Moruge Swamp, a swamp directly to the north of the Water Town of Saria in The Adventure of Link.
- Southern Swamp, the southern region of the land of Termina in Majora's Mask.
- Spool Swamp, an area of western Holodrum in Oracle of Seasons.
- Swamp of Evil, the Dark World equivalent to the Desert of Mystery in A Link to the Past.
- The Swamp, the second stage of the Near the Fields level in Four Swords Adventures.
- Swamp (The Crystal Trap), an unnamed swamp in The Crystal Trap