Swamp Tourist Center
|Swamp Tourist Center|
Inside the Tourist Center
|Inhabitant(s)|| Swamp Tourist Center Guide|
|Item(s)|| Pieces of Heart ×2|
|Related place(s)||Southern Swamp|
Situated right at the entrance of the Southern Swamp, the center is open 24 hours a day, and it is where the Pictograph Contest is held. Koume, Kotake's sister, works here as the Boat Cruise attendant, where people can make their reservations to ride a boat cruise around the swamp. However, since Koume has gone missing in the Woods of Mystery, the reservations are currently on hold.
Once Koume is rescued by Link, she returns to operate the Swamp Boat Tour. There, she gives Link a free ride on the swamp boat for saving her in the Woods of Mystery; moreover, she hands him a Pictograph Box as part of a promotion the Tourist Center has going on. Riding on the swamp boat, Link is able to pass the Big Octos that block certain bottlenecks in the swamp, allowing access to the Deku Palace before acquiring the Bow and Arrow from Woodfall Temple. Once the curse has been lifted from Southern Swamp and the water is no longer poisoned, Koume opens a target-shooting minigame in which Link can win a Piece of Heart by hitting a target twenty or more times with arrows as Koume flies around the swamp, though Link will fail the minigame if he hits Koume more than five times.
The Swamp Pictograph Contest also operates from the Swamp Boat Tour hut, but only until the curse on the Woodfall Temple is lifted, at which time Koume opens her minigame. The contest is for humans only, and only pictographs taken inside the swamp are accepted. If Link shows a picture of either the Deku King or Tingle to the guide holding the contest, he will win another Piece of Heart.
- "Please feel free to take our fresh spring water home with you. - Swamp Tourist Center" — Sign (Majora's Mask)
- "Boat cruise reservations are handled at that window over there. If you're interested, go for a ride." — Swamp Tourist Center Guide (Majora's Mask)
- "Have you seen an old hag named Koume who looks just like me? She hasn't come back from gathering medicinal herbs..." — Kotake (Majora's Mask)
- "Oh! Thanks for what you did back there! In a special deal just for you, I'll let you take this cruise for free." — Koume (Majora's Mask)
- "Ah, yes, we've got a special going on right now, so we're giving this out for free!" — Koume (Majora's Mask)
- "How about a little game? I'll fly around on my broom, and you try to hit my target?" — Koume (Majora's Mask)
- "Oh...The pictograph contest we're holding is only for humans. Sorry." — Swamp Tourist Center Guide (Majora's Mask)
- "You can't enter the contest with pictographs that weren't taken in the swamp. It is a nice shot, though..." — Swamp Tourist Center Guide (Majora's Mask)
- "The Swamp Tourist Center will not accept pictographs taken outside the swamp. But if you bring a pictograph of the guide's son, he'll give you something nice..." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||沼の観光ガイド (Numa no Kankou Gaido)||Swamp Tour Guide|
|Spanish||Centro Turístico del Pantano||Swamp Tourist Center|
|French||Office du Tourisme|