Swamp Tourist Center Guide
- Tingle's Father redirects here. For the character in Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love, see Tingle's Parents.
The Swamp Tourist Center Guide
from Majora's Mask
|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
|Family||Tingle (Guide's son)|
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, he is the owner of the Hyrule Castle Town Market Bazaar. He is a friend of the Death Mountain Trail Guard. If Link talks to the guard before buying the Hylian Shield the Bazaar, the owner will give the young hero a discount. After seven years, the Bazaar owner will move his Bazaar to Kakariko Village, next to the entrance to the Death Mountain Trail.
Shooting Gallery Owner
The Shooting Gallery Owner shares the same model with the Bazaar Owner, though with hair instead of beard. He runs the Shooting Gallery in the Market when Link is a child, but then moves to Kakariko Village after seven years.
Swamp Tourist Center Guide
In Majora's Mask, the Swamp Tourist Center Guide runs the Swamp Tourist Center and accepts Link's entries for their pictograph contest. He is the father of Tingle and is apparently ashamed of his son's obsession with Fairies. If Link shows him a pictograph of either Tingle or the Deku King, the Swamp Tourist Center Guide will reward the young hero with a Piece of Heart.
Swamp Shooting Gallery Guy
The man who runs the Swamp Shooting Gallery shares the same model as the Swamp Tourist Center Manager. He speaks with a distinct accent and will not let Link play if he is wearing a mask. He says that he has never met Kafei, will offer his congratulations on the upcoming wedding if he sees the Couple's Mask, compliment the beauty of the Great Fairy Mask, and get frightened by the Captain's Hat. He is also fooled by the Stone Mask.
Town Shooting Gallery Guy
The manager of the Clock Town Shooting Gallery also shares the same model. Like the manager of the Swamp Shooting Gallery, he will not let Link play if he is wearing a mask that interferes with his vision. He can play while wearing the Bunny Hood and Postman's Hat, however. He does not have a unique reaction to many masks, but he will be startled by the Captain's Hat, be fooled by the Stone Mask, and report that Kafei has not been in to play if Link wears Kafei's Mask.
The Skull Kid apparently caused some trouble for the Town Shooting Gallery Guy in the past, as evidenced by his reaction to Tatl if Link is in his Deku form. He also seems to recognize Link in his Zora form, though he cannot quite recall that he is thinking of The Indigo-Go's guitarist. And though he cannot play without a Bow, the manager will compliment Goron Link on his build.
- In Ocarina of Time, if Link pays to play the Shooting Gallery game but doesn't shoot any Deku Seeds or Arrows, the owner will get offended. After the game ends, he will will not let Link play again, as he will keep repeating the same line each time he is talked to. Furthermore, he will keep his head looking away from the hero, as opposed to his head tracking Link. This can be reset by leaving and re-entering the building.
- "The Swamp Tourist Center will not accept pictographs taken outside the swamp. But if you bring a pictograph of the guide's son, he'll give you something nice..." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask)
- "If you go back to Hyrule Castle Town Market, you should check out the Bazaar. They sell the shield you need there. Tell 'em I sent you and they should give you a special discount!" — Death Mountain Trail Guard (Ocarina of Time)
- "You heard about us from the guard at Death Mountain gate? Well, I have to give you a good deal then!" — Bazaar Owner (Ocarina of Time)
- "Well, the Swamp Tourist Center is currently holding a pictograph contest. It's open to all ages, from children to adults. For nice pictographs taken in the swamp, a free boat cruise will be awarded as a special prize. So, would you like to enter our contest?" — Swamp Tourist Center Guide (Majora's Mask)
- "Blimey! Where is he? That spoiled child is off playin' hooky again! A child his age has no business searching for fairies...!" — Swamp Tourist Center Guide (Majora's Mask)
- "Wha!!! That's my son! Eesh...Is he still doing that sort of thing? Urgh...How humiliating! This guy... He's my son... As old as he is, he's still doing some pretty silly stuff. I guess I spoiled him too much when I was raising him...But he really is a kindhearted boy. Well, thank you for going to all that trouble. This is just a small token of my gratitude!" — Swamp Tourist Center Guide (Majora's Mask)
- "Oh! Oh! The king! You are amazing! If you're not a Deku Scrub, you're not allowed to enter the Deku Palace, but somehow you took this picture... This is a great shot... This is as rare as they come! I'm giving you a big prize!" — Swamp Tourist Center Guide (Majora's Mask)
- "C'mon! Play the game wi'out wearin' a mask like that!" — Swamp Shooting Gallery Guy (Majora's Mask)
- "I don' know that kid. Nevah seen 'im b'foah in me life." — Swamp Shooting Gallery Guy (Majora's Mask)
- "Aye, Congratulations! Who's gettin' married? Awn't they gonna 'ave a big ceremony?" — Swamp Shooting Gallery Guy (Majora's Mask)
- "Nice! Tha's a beauty!" — Swamp Shooting Gallery Guy (Majora's Mask)
- "C'mon! Play the game wi'out wearin' a mask like that! Yoiks!" — Swamp Shooting Gallery Guy (Majora's Mask)
- "............ Nobody's comin' at awl..." — Swamp Shooting Gallery Guy (Majora's Mask)
- "You can't aim for the targets when you're wearin' a mask, sonny. Take it off." — Town Shooting Gallery Guy (Majora's Mask)
- "Eeesh! You can't aim for the targets wearin' somethin' like that monstrosity on your head, sonny. Take it off." — Town Shooting Gallery Guy (Majora's Mask)
- "........." — Town Shooting Gallery Guy (Majora's Mask)
- "Ah, Kafei, eh? He hasn't come here." — Town Shooting Gallery Guy (Majora's Mask)
- "Oh! When I saw that fairy, I thought you were that troublemakin' brat with the mask." — Town Shooting Gallery Guy (Majora's Mask)
- "I swear I've seen you somewhere before..." — Town Shooting Gallery Guy (Majora's Mask)
- "Well, look at you! You've got quite a build! I betcha can lift anything! But... Sorry...If you don't have a bow, you can't play." — Town Shooting Gallery Guy (Majora's Mask)
- "All right. You don't have to play if you don't want to." — Shooting Gallery Owner (Ocarina of Time)
- Runnerguy2489, OoT Archery Guy Easter Egg, YouTube, published July 20, 2015, retrieved July 21, 2015.