From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|First appearance||Majora's Mask|
|Latest appearance||Majora's Mask|
|Counterpart(s)||Carpet Merchant (Ocarina of Time)|
The Swordsman is a swordsmanship teacher in West Clock Town who appears in Majora's Mask. He offers intermediate training for one Rupee and master training for ten rupees in the Swordsman's School. His parallel character in Ocarina of Time is the Carpet Merchant.
He boasts about his bravery and claims that he does not fear the moon. His actions, however, would seem to indicate otherwise. If Link goes to the training center after midnight on the night of the final day, he will find that he has set up a sign saying he has gone away. If the young hero slashes the wall behind the sign, he will find the Swordsman curled up in the corner saying that he doesn't want to die. The Swordsman also shows a frightened response to a number of Link's masks.
- The swordsman recognizes Zora Link as a formidable warrior. He is afraid to tell Goron Link that he cannot train him because of his size. The swordsman would not mind keeping the Great Fairy Mask.
- If Link is wearing the Blast Mask, the swordsman will call it an evil weapon. If Link is wearing Kamaro's Mask, he will think that Link is making fun of him. If he is wearing the Bunny Hood, the swordsman will say that Link is cute, but will not train him.
- The Swordsman thinks he has good hygiene just because he takes a bath at least once a month.
- Swordsman resembles Crenel Hermit from The Minish Cap.
- ↑ "Rumors are spreading which suggest the moon is falling, but you can breathe easier as long as I am in town. Tonight, I shall cut the moon into pieces! If one does not have such skill, he cannot teach the way of the sword to others. If you wish to be as powerful as I am, then I shall teach you until nighttime." — Swordsman (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Uuuuurgh... I'm scared! I can't take it! I don't want to die!" — Swordsman (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "That scares me. Take it off! Take it off!" — Swordsman (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Frightening! That mask! It's frightening!!!" — Swordsman (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "How unfortunate it is, since you seem to have good skill, but this is a center for studying the way of the sword. If you don't have one... But if you have a friend who wants to study, tell them we have a special discount going on." — Swordsman (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "This training center is for studying the lowly sword...It is no place for one of your stature, sir." — Swordsman (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Hey, that's not bad. That girl's mask is very beautiful! I'll lose my focus if I try to instruct you while you're wearing that. Leave it at home. Or...I could keep it for you." — Swordsman (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I cannot allow such an evil weapon in here. Come back when you are ready!" — Swordsman (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Why that mask? Are you making fun of me? If you're making fun of me, be gone!" — Swordsman (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Ohh, how adorable! Let me tug on your long ears... Ahem...If you study the way of the sword here, you'll get your bunny dirty, so put it away." — Swordsman (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I am not stinky! I take a bath at least once a month!" — Swordsman (Majora's Mask)