From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
New Page Formatting
As this is a new page, there's a few points I want to discuss.
- Seen as this is for the Timeline, should all the non cannnonical game abbreviations be deleted, or at least put under a separate sub heading.
- The Miscalanious Abbreviations section, can be expanded upon greatly, and divided into a few sections such as events, characters, places, items etc:. Is it worth doing this seen it's a Timeline type page?
- I mean I could add in everything in the ZU Abbreviation Thread!- M E L C H I Z E D E K (TALK) 01:38, 15 November 2008 (UTC)
- No point of removing content. But the more we add the better! People will still use all the abbreviations. It's better to have them all. Canon or not.Matt (Talk) 09:31, November 15, 2008 (UTC)
Just a Note
I'm sure there are way more random abbreviations used across the internet than displayed on the page... however I just thought I'd point out that try only to put abbreviations on the page that are commonly used, and not just ones that you've made up or used once! - M E L C H I Z E D E K (TALK) 23:00, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
Directing to Correct Places
A few things, where should I direct the 'Hero of Legend' too and secondly can someone look at getting the Game and Watch links to the right page without redirecting. - M E L C H I Z E D E K (TALK) 03:57, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
- Okay, I've fixed up the HoL one, just need to do the game and watch one!- M E L C H I Z E D E K (TALK) 04:13, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
- Not possible, I'm afraid. I'm not sure if you've had the & problem explained to you, so I'll do so real quickly: A glitch occurs within the Wiki software every now and then that causes everything after "&" in an article title, search, etc. to be cut off. So linking to "Game & Watch" sends you to "Game". We have "Game" redirecting to "Game & Watch", so that technically searching "Game & Watch" will still get you what you want, although through a redirect. Basically this is a problem that we can't work around the redirects for outside of moving the article to "Game and Watch", which is an incorrect title. So until the problem is resolved, this is just how it is, yo. —Ando (talk) 09:26, 19 December 2008 (UTC)