|Use(s)||Travel back through time|
|Comparable Object(s)|| Pedestal of Time|
Door of Time
Location and Uses
The stones, which were excavated and refined in the Lanayru Mining Facility, are found in the Lanayru Desert region. They are magical objects that can manipulate time when struck. Link can strike the Timeshift Stone to awaken and replenish the land, technology, and its robotic servants as to how they once were before the carelessness of people of the region caused for the land to wither from its quick depletion of natural resources. Fi determines that Timeshift Stones were once used as a source of power for the Lanayru Province. Unrefined Timeshift Stones can be found within mine carts in the Lanayru Mining Facility, which can be struck to activate a small field surrounding the cart, activating and mobilizing the cart in the process.
Remains of enemies that are near a Timeshift Stone will come back to life when they are activated and enemies such as the Ampilus will revert to an infant state. If enemies from the present come into the field of an active Timeshift Stone, they will disappear. They will reappear at the place they vanished at if the Timeshift Stone is later deactivated. In the past state, electrical barriers may appear, blocking Link's path, whereas spiky, metallic barriers in the present disappear. Additionally, there are fans that serve as barriers within the past, blocking Eye Switches. The past state is also the only time when Ancient Flowers may be found.
Portable Timeshift Stones called Timeshift Orbs appear within the Pirate Stronghold and Sky Keep. They serve a similar function to the normal variant, but instead can be carried and remain constantly active. Certain areas contain raisings in the earth that appear in the past, which can serve as platforms or roadblocks.
If Link installs the Timeshift Orb in the Pirate's Stronghold in the pedestal near the entrance, the "mouth" outside will raise, allowing Fi to receive data and dowse for Skipper's Ship. Link must use the Timeshift Orb within Sky Keep to activate conveyor belts in order to move it to separate sections of the same room.
- "This is Lanayru Mining Facility, phwing! It is where Timeshift Stones are produced." — Ancient Robot (Skyward Sword)
- "Signs indicate that Timeshift Stones were used in this facility as a kind of power source." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "And we can't do anything with this Timeshift Stone without Master Thunder Dragon's permission, vrrm." — Ancient Robot (Skyward Sword)
- "We were just about to transport this Timeshift Stone to Master Thunder Dragon, vweep." — Ancient Robot (Skyward Sword)
- "We got permission from our master, the Thunder Dragon, to dig for Timeshift Stones, vweep." — Ancient Robot (Skyward Sword)
- "This object is called a Timeshift Orb. I conjecture that, unlike the Timeshift Stones we've seen, this device was designed to be carried around and installed in different locations." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "There is a 60% probability that these masts and these sails are from the ship that protects Nayru's Flame. [...] You can now set your dowsing ability to search for the ship that holds Nayru's Flame." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Its blue-white radiance brings to mind the Timeshift Stones found in the eras of antiquity." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 86)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Timeshift Stone||Timeshift Orb|
|Japanese||時空石 (Jikū seki)||時空珠 (Jikū dama)|
|Italian||Pietra del tempo||Sfera del tempo|