From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Welcome to Hylian King's pages,
An editor and administrator of Zelda Wiki.
To start things off, here are some basic facts about myself:
- My real name is Caleb
- I am born in February of 1995, which makes me 17 years old.
- I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada's capital.
- I am in my senior year of high school.
- I am on the school's volley-ball team, which is arguably one of the best in Ontario.
- I have a black belt in karate.
- I am a fully certified lifeguard.
- "Hylian King" is the Internet alias I chose for myself when I was around 12. I'm honestly not a huge fan of it anymore. I like my real name better, but sadly the username Caleb is already in use... Just so happens it's one of the only times I've ever heard of another Caleb.
- My name means "loyal" in Hebrew. Unfortunately, my name also means "dog" in Arabic, which people never hesitate to point out.
- Main article: User:Hylian King/Bio
Me and the Wiki
I first started editing at Zelda Wiki over a year ago. Since then, I've come to know some great people and I've learned many new things. Editing at Zelda Wiki has been (and continues to be) an amazing learning experience for me. I love being here because I greatly enjoy sharing my knowledge and helping others, and since Zelda is what I know best, Zelda Wiki is my ideal pastime. I've been contributing steadily since I got here and I don't think that's going to change any time soon.
As I mentioned earlier, being at Zelda Wiki has allowed me to acquire many new skills. Here's a list of some of these skills, in the order that I learned them:
- Improved writing skills.
- Image transparency and background removal.
- 2D Mapping
- Ripping (animated) sprites
- Template coding
- Text dumping
- Rom hacking
- Parsing (using Autoit3)
- Image reconstruction
Hopefully this list will continue to grow over time!
Music has never been a big part of my life. However, I do enjoy a variety of music. Due to my brother's influence, I also listen to hip-hop music (not that new crap, though) and I'm a big fan of electronic music. Mostly dubstep, which actually encompasses a wider variety of music than people are lead to believe (just because lurching, aggressive dubstep gets popular attention doesn't mean it's the only kind out there, ya know).
- The Black Keys
- Foster the People
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Big Pun
- Dr. Dre
- Eminem (Mostly his older stuff)
- Method Man
- Mos Def
- Notorious B.I.G.
- The Roots
- Talib Kweli
- Wu Tang Clan
- Adventure Club
- Daft Punk
- Flux Pavillion
- The Glitch Mob
- Kill Paris
- Mt. Eden
- Porter Robinson
- Pretty Lights
- Rameses B
- Seven Lions
- Sound Remedy
- Skrillex (Haters gon' hate)
- Bob Marley
- Les Cowboys Fringants
- Of Monsters and Men
Before I developed a taste for music, video-game soundtracks are basically all I would listen to. Beautiful music has been produced for video-games (the Zelda series being an excellent example). Here is a list of my favorites:
- Ryoshima Plains - Okami
- Sei-an City (Aristocratic Quarter) - Okami
- Kamiki Village - Okami
- Waka's Theme - Okami
- Theme of the Celestials/Heavenly God's Theme - Okami
- Wep'keer - Okami
- Tal Tal Heights Theme - Link's Awakening
- Song of Storms - Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
- Koume & Kotate's Theme - Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
- Gerudo Valley - Ocarina of Time
- Spirit Temple Theme - Ocarina of Time
- Lost Woods - Ocarina of Time
- Song of Healing - Majora's Mask
- Stone Tower Temple - Majora's Mask
- Calling the Four Giants - Majora's Mask
- Final Hours - Majora's Mask
- Title Theme - The Wind Waker
- The Legendary Hero - The Wind Waker
- Dragon Roost Island Theme - The Wind Waker
- Main Theme - The Legend of Zelda Series (Classic)
- Super Mario Bros. Theme (Even more classic)
- Dark Samus Theme - Metroid Series
- Metroid Title Theme - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
- Title Theme - Metroid Prime 3: Echoes
- Credits - Metroid Prime
- Talon Overworld Theme - Metroid Prime
- Rundas Battle - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Return to Top.