From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
- Real Name: James
- Born: May 6, 1986
- Interests: Zelda (of course), Bowling, Cartoons, Baseball (GO RED SOX!), Golf, Video Games, and DDR (god it's both annoying and addicting). Being a true kid at heart.
- Occupation: Dunkin Donuts.
- Status: Single
- Certain Mood: Bored. Most of the time I am, so this will never change.
Lozzie joined Zelda Universe on the forums in October 13, 2002 under the name loz5686. Very original name it was, as it was the abbreviation for Legend of Zelda and my birthdate, May 6, 1986.
Lozzie instantly befriended the member andi, who gave him the nickname he used until October 2006. Lozzie had the normal newbish qualities, but he didn't know any better back then.
In November 2002, Lozzie became the Mailbag Editor of Zelda Universe. Under his real name James, he was in charge of making sure a mailbag was released every so often. It started out slow, but after a while became a popular part of ZU.
Summer 2003, Zelda Universe suffered a huge blow in the form of duel hacking in the month of July. With the forums down and Lozzie's increased interest in IRC chats, Lozzie created the first unofficial ZU Chat Room. On and random server on the IRC Network and semi-advertising in the Temporary ZU Forums, Lozzie gained some chat users for the summer. The chat became popular over time, moving from the random server, to EFNet, to where it sits today on the TA-IRC Network (irc.zeldauniverse.net)
The mailbag ran biweekly from November 2002 til August 2003, when life kicked in and his internet life took a drastic hit. Lozzie was still active on ZU, but not as much as we was. He had become the moderator of the General Gaming and Entertainment sections, but his declining internet life was cutting that job out as well. Early in the fall, Lozzie became the unofficial award coordinator of the ZU Awards. He has been in charge ever since.
Most of 2004, Lozzie became very inactive. Graduation from High School, a full time job, and a long distance girlfriend killed his internet life considerably. Lozzie graduated high school in June 2004, and spent most of his summer working and spending time with his then GF.
In October 2004, Lozzie lost his girlfriend and also dropped out of college. Coindicently, he also became a super moderator of ZU the same month.
In October 2005, the forums underwent changes, mainly mod changes. Lozzie became a Global Moderator, which was the same position he held, but with a different name.
In April 2006, he became one of the new Super Moderators. He also began helping once again on the main site, mainly posting news and new content when necessary. This is his second time helping the main site.
In July 2006, his title changed to Webmaster on the forums, while Scott was being a camp counselor. He has been in that position since
In October 2006, he changed his forum name to James. No reason really given.
Lozzie is known to wander around the forums, coordinate the awards biannually, and idle in the Chat Room as well.
IRL (In Real Life)
In Real Life, Lozzie can be found currently working for Wal-Mart. When he isn't working, he can either be found at home lounging around, at the driving range trying to perfect his golf swing, or at the bowling alley, trying to become a better candlepin bowler (or a better DDR player). James also tries to play video games in his spare time, but can never find any time to spare. His list of games to beat is steadily increasing at an alarming rate. Someone should smack some gaming sense into his brain.
- andi (the first person I befriended)
- Lars for his help with the mailbag when I ran it.
- The original chat crew: Remus, KokiriKid, Peefy. *And I know there is one more, but I can't remember.
- Scott, for helping me out with forum problems, site issues, and giving me the chance to help out on the main site.
- Mercutio (even though he's very inactive; helped me out the first awards ceremony)
- Yami for his help with the award banners currently.
- The entire chat crew (well, the regular visitors).
- Captain Cornflake everybody loves Captain Cornflake!
That's all I can think of now.
Contributions to the ZU Community
All current positions are italicized.
- Awards Coordinator: Sept 2003 - Present
- Super Moderator (Prior to 2005): Oct 2004 - Oct 2005 (Reason: The title changed)
- Global Moderator: Oct 2005 - Apr 2006 (Reason: Promoted)
- Super Moderator: Apr 2006 - July 2006 (Reason: Promoted)
- Webmaster: July 2006 - Present
Chat and Other Contributions:
- Unofficial Chat Founder: July 2003
- Chat AOP: July 2003 - January 2006 (Reason: Jason randomly SOPed me)
- Chat SOP: January 2006 - Present
- Sysop for the Wiki: Feb 2006 - Present
Also Known As
James (on the Chat, forums, and the Main Site)
Phil_Argus (on the Chat and I still don't know why)
Jimbo (on the Chat and forums, mainly called by Scott)