From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Volcano Summit in-game
|Inhabitant(s)|| Eldin the Fire Dragon|
|Related place(s)|| Eldin Volcano|
Volcano Summit is a large volcanic cavern found deep inside and near the crater of Eldin Volcano in Skyward Sword. As described by Ledd the Mogma, it is too hot for a normal traveler to explore. Link must travel through the summit many times in a row to extinguish the various pillars of flames that are blocking the path to the Fire Sanctuary where Din's Sacred Flame rests.
Appearance and Features
The Volcano Summit is a super-heated area surrounded by flows of lava located deep inside Eldin Volcano. No human can traverse the landscape without protection provided by the Fireshield Earrings that Link obtains after completing Din's Silent Realm, which enable him to traverse the boiling heat of the Volcano Summit. There is also a large outside area of the summit comprised of large, vine covered rock pillars and a small spring which Link may visit to fill his Empty Bottles full of Water.
The Volcano Summit leads to the entrance to the Fire Sanctuary which Gorko the Goron, who suspects that there are many Goddess Cubes nearby, states is blocked by pillars of flames. In order to extinguished them, Link must pour Bottled Water onto the tongues of the frog statues above them. Later Link has to lead the Ancient Robot Scrapper, who is carrying the Water Dragon's Basin, through the cavern, fending off the Lizalfos and other native enemies who have settled in the area. Eventually they extinguish the flames blocking the entrance to the Fire Sanctuary, allowing Link to continue to his adventure to find the final one of the Sacred Flames.
Later, Link is captured and imprisoned by the local Bokoblins after Eldin Volcano erupts while he is descending into the area. He returns to the summit after escaping and reclaiming his equipment and blade from the demons to find a chamber inside the cavern that houses Eldin the Fire Dragon, who caused the eruption out of an explosion of his power. Link learns the second part of the Song of the Hero from him.
- The Volcano Summit and Death Mountain Crater seem to be very closely related or the same location due to many theorizing Eldin Volcano becomes Death Mountain in the future.
- Both the Volcano Summit and Death Mountain Crater give damage to Link due to the extreme heat. The only way Link can prevent this is by recieving an item in this case the Goron Tunic and the Fireshield Earrings.
- ↑ "By the way, you ever been to the heart of Eldin Volcano? It's so hot down there it'll burn the clothes right off your back. POOF! Your average traveler will be dead in minutes." — Ledd (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "I have a status update for you, Master. We are now near the crater at the peak of Eldin Volcano. I am detecting extremely high temperatures in this area. However, your Fireshield Earrings will allow for extended periods of exploration. I calculate the probability of finding the final sacred flame here at 90%. I recommend searching for flames." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "Oh, hey! We meet again. How have you been, bud? I rumbled over here 'cause I heard someone had spotted some Goddess Cubes in the area. I have got a hunch that they may be down in that direction, but...this flaming wall of fire is blocking the way! I wish there was something we do to put out these flames..." — Gorko (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "Do you see this, bud? Talk about intriguing! We are definitely off the map here. This does not feel like Goddess Cube stuff to me! I bet there is something super important hidden around here! All I can say is that is a big frog with a big thirst. I do not think the amount of water of your little bottles can hold is going to cut it this time. Hmmmm... You will have to have a big container to hold the water needed for this job. Got anything like that? And speaking of which, where are you going to get all the water? I gotta say, I am pretty much stumped." — Gorko (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "What's going on, brzzt? I almost blew a rotor trying to slow myself during that descent, zrbt... Anyway, this is where you wanted the water, right? WHAT?! THE SUMMIT? Why didn't you say so from the start, bzzrt? I don't want to carry this thing back to the sky. IT'S HEAVY, BRZZZT! Bzzrt...zrrbt...tzzptrr." — Scrapper (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "This place is, zrrrt, swarming with monsters. Vrrrrrm... I bust up enemies like a junkyard wrecker, zzizat. To bad I've got my mitts full with this basin, bzzz... Hey, Master Shortpants! Since we came all this way, let's play a little game called "protect the robot," bzzrt! Here's how it works--I'll follow you up the volcano, zzzrt, and you make sure nothing touches me. Got it? Good! Your job is simple, zzrrt! You make sure none of these monsters lays a claw on me. NOT...ONE...CLAW!" — Scrapper (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "I'm afraid that eruption was caused by an explosion of my power. It looks like you were caught up in it. My apologies. The skies above this land should clear soon..." — Eldin (Skyward Sword)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||火山山頂 (Kazan Sanchō)||Volcano Summit|
|Spanish||Cima de voltrán|
|French||Sommet du volcan|
|Italian||Sommità del vulcano|
|Hyrule in Skyward Sword|
|Click on a location|