From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
War may refer to any of the following:
- Imprisoning War, a very costly and bloody conflict spoken of in the backstory of A Link to the Past that ensued when Ganon infiltrated the Sacred Realm and stole the Triforce, resulting in his being sealed inside the newly-formed Dark World by the Seven Sages. It is also often referred to as the Seal War.
- Hyrulean Civil War, a fierce and bloody conflict that claimed the life of Link's mother and united Hyrule beneath the Royal Family shortly before the events of Ocarina of Time.
- Great Flood, an apocalyptic flood of gargantuan proportions spoken of in The Wind Waker that struck the land of Hyrule in response to an invasion led by Ganondorf after he escaped his confinement in the Sacred Realm, resulting in the formation of the Great Sea.
- War of the Bound Chest, a great war spoken of in the backstory of The Minish Cap that involves the exploits of the Hero of Men to save Hyrule from destruction at the hands of many dark beasts, which he locked away within the Bound Chest.
- Interloper War, a costly war spoken of in Twilight Princess that ensued when the shadowy magicians known as the Dark Interlopers attempted to seize control of the mythical Sacred Realm and harness the Triforce for their own ends, resulting in their banishment to the Twilight Realm.
- Shadow Invasion, a massive invasion of Hyrule featured in Twilight Princess that was orchestrated by Zant, the Usurper King of Twilight, on the orders of his dark master, Ganondorf.
- Spirit War, a prolonged and bloody war spoken of in Spirit Tracks that was fought between the good spirits of the new land that would become the re-established Hyrule and the Demon King Malladus, which resulted in Malladus's imprisonment underground and the creation of the Spirit Tracks and the Tower of Spirits, leaving this new land to become the next Hyrule to replace the one drowned beneath the Great Sea.