West Clock Town
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|West Clock Town|
|Item(s)||Pieces of Heart ×4, Big Bomb Bag, All-Night Mask, Adult's Wallet|
|Related place(s)||Clock Town|
West Clock Town comprises an important commercial district of Clock Town in Majora's Mask, hosting many of the town's shops, as well as an open square which, for the course of the game, is the performance practice area of the Rosa Sisters. West Clock Town exits to Great Bay via Termina Field.
Bomb Shop Family
- Main article: Old Lady from Bomb Shop
An old lady and her son run the bomb shop in Clock Town. The mother handles most of the stock deliveries, while the son handles the sales at the counter. The old lady is very kind, and is not against rewarding kindness. The son seems slightly childish (he often refers to his mother as "Mommy"), but he loves his mother and is able to run the shop well.
Man from Curiosity Shop
- Main article: Man from Curiosity Shop
This man, who is perfectly fine with selling stolen goods, runs the Curiosity Shop. He opens up the Curiosity Shop at night. It is tough to get a good bargain from him. He could possibly be the same man that operates the Trading Post.
Man from Trading Post
- Main article: Man from Trading Post
This man runs the Trading Post. He normally operates the shop during the day. He seems like a normal guy, if a little eccentric. During nighttime-hours he is replaced with a Part-Time Employee. He could possibly be the same man that operates the Curiosity Shop.
Trading Post Part-Timer
- Main article: Trading Post Part-Timer
When the Curiosity Shop owner leaves to work at the Curiosity Shop, he leaves this man in the Trading Post to sell things. The man very obviously doesn't really care about the job, and doesn't know what any of the merchandise is.
- Main article: Banker
The banker runs the West Clock Town Bank. He has a special method of keeping track of accounts. He writes the name of the person and their account balance on their forehead.
- Main article: Postman
The Postman is a very hard-working fellow who will not upset his schedule in the least. He won't even stop to chat if it means disturbing the schedule. He even goes so far as to practice his running while he's in his office. For some reason, he likes to practice running for exactly 10 seconds.
- Main article: Swordsman
This no-nonsense swordsman loves the sword and is more than willing to teach his skills to anyone who wants to learn. Whenever Link wears a mask while in his school, he will be very angry and refuse to teach Link. The swordsman is, however, very easy to scare, and can be easily unnerved by several masks, as well as the Moon.
Judo and Marilla Rosa
- Main article: Rosa Sisters
Judo and Marilla Rosa, collectively known as the Rosa Sisters, can be found practicing their choreography at night in front of the Lottery Shop.
- Main article: Bomb Shop
- Opening hours: Always open
At the Bomb Shop, Link is able to purchase bomb refills and Bomb Bags, as well as Powder Kegs when he is in his Goron form. The main area of the shop is run by a man and his mother, while the Powder Keg section is operated by a Goron. Although the designs for a "Planned Moon trip using Bomb Powered Flight" are on the wall by the Goron, the actual rocket model is behind the bomb salesman.
- Main article: Curiosity Shop
- Opening hours: Open from 10 p.m.
The Curiosity Shop is a pawn shop dealing in second-hand and illicitly-obtained goods. Open nightly from 10pm to 6am, it plays an important role in several of the game's sidequests. The store's owner, based upon the character model of the Fisherman from Ocarina of Time, is a close friend of Kafei's and is involved in the Reuniting Kafei and Anju sidequest.
During the course of the game, Kafei resides in a storage room at the back of the Curiosity Shop that exits to the Laundry Pool. In this room, there is a peep hole allowing Kafei to monitor dealings in the shop.
When not delivering or collecting mail, the Postman can be found at the Post Office.
During the first and second days, Link is able to enter the Post Office and speak to the Postman to participate in a minigame, in which a timer must be stopped at exactly 10.0 seconds for a Piece of Heart. Wearing the Bunny Hood before speaking to the Postman will make the timer visible.
As part of the Reuniting Anju and Kafei sidequest, Link can ask the Postman to deliver Express Mail to Madame Aroma. This results in the Postman being given permission to leave Clock Town before the Moon crashes, and Link receives the Postman's Hat as a reward.
- Opening hours: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sells tickets at 6 a.m. and announces winning numbers from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
The Lottery Shop offers a minigame in which Link can participate in a lottery for a monetary reward. The winning numbers can be ascertained by entering the competition and traveling back in time after the draw.
- Main article: Trading Post
- Opening hours: 6.a.m. to 9.p.m. ; 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Clock Town's Trading Post offers refills of several items. During the day, it is operated by the Man from Trading Post. At night and on the third day, it is staffed by a part-time worker.
Clock Town Bank
- Main article: Clock Town Bank
- Opening hours: Always open
The Bank in West Clock Town allows Link to keep up with a bank account and deposit his Rupees before playing the Song of Time, which causes the young hero to lose all of his earnings accumulated during the three-day period. He can make deposits and withdrawals in any of his forms, whether it be as a Hylian, Deku Scrub, Goron, or Zora; however, during the night, there is a 4 Rupee service charge on withdrawals. Once Link accumulates 5,000 Rupees in his account, the bank will take no more deposits. Interest is awarded whenever Link's saving account reaches 1000 Rupees.
The Swordsman operates a training outfit in West Clock Town where Link can participate in a sword-fighting tutorial or can enter a minigame. If Link enters the minigame and obtains 30 points, he will receive a Piece of Heart as a reward.
- Strike all ten logs with a jumping-slash-attack in the Swordsman's School minigame to win a Piece of Heart.
- After obtaining Kamaro's Mask from Termina Field, wear it and press "B" to dance in front of the Rosa Sisters. They will be impressed with Link's moves and will reward him with a Piece of Heart.
- Deposit a total of at least 5,000 Rupees at the Bank to receive a Piece of Heart as interest.
- If while playing the Postman's game Link can stop at 10 seconds exactly, he will gain a Piece of Heart.
- The Adult's Wallet is obtained by depositing at least 200 Rupees to the bank.
- The Big Bomb Bag is purchased in the Bomb Shop if Sakon is stopped on midnight of the first day; otherwise, they're available for purchase in the Curiosity Shop at a much higher price.
- The All-Night Mask is purchased in the Curiosity Shop for 500 Rupees.
Secrets & Trivia
- One of the Bomber Kids can be found in West Clock Town.
- To earn Rupees, participate in the lottery draw at the Lottery Shop and record which numbers win. Then, play the Song of Time to start a new three-day-cycle and enter using the winning numbers.
- Gold Dust, won from the Goron Races, can be sold at the Curiosity Shop for 200 rupees.
- On the night of the third day, slash the wall at the back of the Swordman's School to find a secret room in which the Swordsman is cowering, "hiding" from the falling moon.
- ↑ "Umm, Mommy... Don't go picking up bomb bags in the middle of the night anymore." — Owner of the Bomb Shop (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Man, I just work here part-time, so I don't really know this stuff." — Trading Post Part-Timer (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Old Lady from Bomb Shop / Runs town Bomb Shop. Always open." — Bombers' Notebook (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Curiosity Shop / Open at 10 p.m." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Post Office / 9 a.m. to 3 p.m." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Closed for the day. / Ticket Sales: 6 a.m. ~ 5.59 p.m. / Exchanges: 6 p.m. ~ 11.00 p.m." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "If you'd like to buy a ticket, we'll start selling them tomorrow morning at 6 o'clock." — Lotter Shop owner (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Please note that the winning numbers will be announced tonight from 6:00 to 11:00." — Lottery Shop owner (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "On break. Back in 1 hour." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "...You know, at this time of day there's a 4 Rupee service charge on withdrawals!" — Banker (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "What's this? You've already saved up 5000 Rupees?! Well, little guy, I can't take any more deposits. Sorry, but this is all I can give you." — Banker (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "This training center has friendly, polite, 24-hour, one-on-one training that will noticeably improve your sword skills!" — Swordsman (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish||Oeste de la Ciudad Reloj|
|French||Ouest de Bourg-Clocher|
|Clock Town Areas|