From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
The Wiseapple Farm as seen in the book
|Other media||The Shadow Prince|
|Item(s)||Mirror of Truth|
|Related place(s)||Water Town of Saria|
The Wiseapple Farm is a location featured in the book The Shadow Prince. Situated in the middle of the Water Town of Saria's central square, it is composed of several trees that are on a small plot of land surrounded by a wide, square moat. This moat, however, is full of bubbling, green slime that radiates a "nauseating odor" from it.
The farm is first introduced when Link arrives to Saria Town and opens its gates using the key. He bumps into an Old Woman with eyes clear as glass, whos tells Link that if he wants to have eyes as clear as her, he must get to the apple tree in the Wiseapple Farm and eat its fruit. Since the farm is surrounded by the green slime moat, he cannot reach it unless he places two wooden planks in a T-shape across the corner of the moat.
- ↑ "Link rides closer to the tree. It's on a small plot of land surrounded by a wide, square moat. Link gazes into the moat. It's full of bubbling green slime, and a nauseating odor rises from it. A sign in front of it says WISEAPPLE FARM. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK." (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth), pg. 58)
- ↑ "She looks up. Link has never seen a face so wrinkled. But her eyes are clear as glass. Link can't quite believe them." (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth), pg. 57)
- ↑ "'I'm going to give you some advice, clever lad.' She points to a gnarled tree in the middle of the square. 'See that apple tree? If you can get to it, its fruit will make your eyes as clear as mine.'" (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth), pg. 57, 58)
- ↑ "'I know how to get across!' [...] Jumping down from Cloud's back, he quickly arranges the planks in a T-shape across the corner of the moat." (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth), pg. 43)
- ↑ "As Link is reaching for his own snack, he sees something shining in a forked branch. 'Hmmm...' He reaches up and uplls down a small mirror with a thin wooden frame. Link grins. 'So that's what the old lady meant about clear eyes,' he says." (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth), pg. 43)