|You no like fun, Huh?|
Yeto lives in the Snowpeak Ruins with his wife, Yeta, who owns a shard of the Mirror of Twilight. As Yeta has grown ill, he is preparing a soup for her during Link's adventures in Snowpeak Ruins. He needs Reekfish to make his soup that will heal Yeta, and as such had been seen by Lake Hylia attempting to catch one. This made the inhabitants of the Zora's River suspicious as to what exactly was happening on Snowpeak Mountain.
He does not speak very fluent Hylian, due to his isolation from society. Yeto speaks like a child at times, albeit with a loud, deep voice. His sentences are short, and often include "uh".
During the end credits, Snowpeak Ruins is shown and a single Recovery Heart pops out of the house, inferring that Yeto and Yeta live happily for the rest of their days.
- Yeto wears a horse's saddle as a hat. Although it is unknown why, it is probably because he found it among the rest of the equipment in the ruins, and being ignorant of its purpose, decided to wear it on his head.
- If Link approaches Yeto in wolf form after completing Snowpeak Ruins at dawn or in daylight, Yeto will be interested in eating him for breakfast, but Yeta objects saying meat in the morning is no good. If Link approaches the two of them at twilight or during the night, Yeto will suggest they eat him for dinner, but Yeta declines. If Link approaches him before completing the dungeon he will say that he might eat him some other time.
- The Yook race share traits with Yeto and Yeta.
- Yeto is much larger than the door to the Snowpeak Ruins. This may be a developmental oversight, or it means that Yeto must enter the house through other means, such as through the gaping hole in the foyer.
Yeto ramming the tree at Snowpeak Top
- "Uh! You that tasty-looking wolf. Me remember! [To Yeta] ...Breakfast, uh?" — Yeto (Twilight Princess)
- "No feel like meat tonight..." — Yeta (Twilight Princess)
- "Uh! Rare color of wolf! Looks tasty... But tonight fish night. Maybe another time." — Yeto (Twilight Princess)
|Names in Other Regions|