From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Zauz, as he appears in Phantom Hourglass
Zauz is a character in Phantom Hourglass.
Role in the game
Zauz is the blacksmith who helps Link by forging the Phantom Sword used to defeat Bellum. The Phantom Sword is made of three different pure metals, Aquanine, Azurine and Crimsonine, that Link must collect by befriending the island natives and delving through their respective temples. Zauz tells Link to return in time, as the forging of the Phantom Sword is a lengthy process. Luckily for Link, he recieves a letter from Jolene that challenges him to one final duel on the open ocean. After Link defeats Jolene one last time, Zauz will be finished the sword upon returning to the island.
He provides Link a secret that proves to help him navigate further into the Temple of the Ocean King as well: by drawing an ancient symbol on a particular red door on one of the temple's many levels, he will be able to access an entirely different temple floor, and by extention, the remaining two sea charts.
When Zauz first speaks to Ciela, he indicates that he is not human; later dialog suggests he is of the Cobble race, which defended the Ocean King. He shares dark skin and a large, oddly-colored nose, with King Mutoh and his Knights. Zauz also has a large purple tattoo running over his shoulder similar to that of Baito.
- Zauz looks similar to Baito, the Postman's assistant from The Wind Waker: both have auburn hair, are bare-chested, wear shorts, and boast tribal tattoos. He also looks strikingly similar to Ganondorf, which caused many people to think he was the Evil King upon meeting him for the first time. [according to whom?]
Zauz holding the three Pure Metals
- ↑ "The Phantom Sword is no ordinary sword... When forged, normal metal can never handle that kind of sacred power! Aquanine... Azurine... And Crimsonine... These three pure metals must be forged together to create the Phantom Sword." — Zauz (Phantom Hourglass)
- ↑ "The Crimsonine, the Azurine, and the Aquanine. I've never seen metal like this. I'll bet I can forge a mighty sword with them. But it will take some time." — Zauz (Phantom Hourglass)
- ↑ "There was a door that you could open by drawing a symbol, was there not? If you draw this symbol on that door, another way should open to you!" — Zauz (Phantom Hourglass)
- ↑ "Go to the Temple of the Ocean King and find the last two sea charts! Draw a new shape on the door, and a new path should open for you." — Zauz (Phantom Hourglass)
- ↑ "You see, for generations, our ancestors lived to serve the Ocean King. They defended the Ocean King in an age when great evil lurked in the sea. My people forged our own weapons and fought in epic battles. You seek one of those great weapons. An artifact called the Phantom Sword." — Zauz (Phantom Hourglass)
|Names in Other Regions|