From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Welcome to Castle Town! As a member of the Zelda Wiki community, this is your new home. All announcements that pertain to the community, as well as to-do's and other tidbits, are placed here. It's a great way to get active in the wiki. After all, it's your town - better keep it sparkling!
- All files need to be licensed and categorized using the FileInfo template. See Help:Upload for information on how to do so properly. A list of unlicensed files can be found at: Unlicensed Files. While categorizing files, it is encouraged to take note of low quality images and add them to the Image Requests page.
- All instances of Japanese names (or other foreign names) that are found in the main part of an article should be instead placed at the bottom of the article using the Names template. All instances of Template:De should now be placed in the Names template as well.
- Quite a few articles do not have enough or any sources. We encourage members to locate and add sources to these articles. A list of articles in need of sources can be found at: Articles lacking sources. That list is by no means complete. There are countless other articles that need sources. For more information, see Help:References.
- Any articles that use second-person narrative or "the player" (such as, "You fight Ganon," "The player must use the Hookshot") should be changed so that it refers to the specific characters ("Link fights Ganon," "Link must use the Hookshot"). Any articles that are not immediately fixed should be tagged with the "YouLink" template.
Here's a useful hint from the archive:
The correct format for adding links to game titles from the Legend of Zelda series is using a piped link to the game's article, but showing the short version of the title and written in italics. For example you'd have to type this:
''[[The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker|The Wind Waker]]''
to display the correct link like this:
The Wind Waker
You might thing that seems like a lot of hard work, and you'd be right! So why not use a nifty shortcut? Templates have been set up enabling you to use the game's abbreviated initials to make the same link, so all you'd need to type in this example is:
Typing this has the same effect as the long-winded link above! You can check the full list of game article links here.
- April 27, 2013 - Attention Uploaders!: Zelda Wiki's file policies have been updated. As such, the options on the upload form will have changed slightly. New guidelines for uploading are available at Help:Upload. If you have any questions about the new policies, don't hesitate to ask them at the Milk Bar.
- April 18, 2013 - Feed Problems: Some of you (if not all of you) may have noticed that our RSS feed is not currently working. This is because our feed was hosted by fellow NIWA wiki, WiKirby, which seems to have gone offline recently. We are working on setting up a new feed, and we apologize to our community partners and our viewers for the downtime.
- April 18, 2013 - A Link to the Past Sequel Announced!: The new Zelda game coming to the 3DS will be a sequel to A Link to the Past, according to the latest Nintendo Direct. Also announced was the 3DS eShop release of Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons in North America and Europe, set for May 30th. Get ready for some Zelda throwbacks coming later this year!
The following items are being discussed. Be sure to weigh in your opinion so we can resolve the issues as best as possible.