Zelda Wiki:Image Requests
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
A large number of the images on Zelda Wiki are in need of improvement. Chiefly, there are a lot of images needing background transparency, a lot needing lowercase file extensions, and a lot to be cropped from the black portions remaining from screenshots. There are also numerous low quality images needing to be replaced. All users are free to, and encouraged to, place image requests on this page, as well as carry out the tasks needing to be done.
|Castle Town · Hyrule Castle · Milk Bar · Door of Time · Image Requests|
Background Removal (Transparency)
This is where you can request for image backgrounds to be removed and made transparent. Images that have had their backgrounds removed incorrectly can also be placed here. Just add the image to the gallery.
This is where you can request for the black portions around the edges of screenshots to be removed. Just add the image to the gallery.
Files with Capitalized Extensions
This is where you can request for files with capitalized extensions to be changed to be lowercase extensions. Just add the image to the gallery.
Low Quality Images
This section is for low quality images that need replacing. Just add the image to the appropriate gallery below.
This image probably came from Twilight Princess's rare Nintendo DS promo trailer cartridge-the image is heavily compressed and low-res.
This section is for image editing requests that don't fit into the categories above. For this section, add the image, make your request and sign your post with ~~~~.
There's a lot of updated sprites in BS The Legend of Zelda and a few exclusive sprites in Ancient Stone Tablets that aren't on the wiki yet. I think it would be an interesting addition to the wiki to have them. In particular, I'm looking for the updated Zora sprite from BS Zelda and the Mole-character sprite from AST. IfIHaveTo 16:19, 4 September 2010 (EDT)
- I know this request is like a year old, but I didn't see anyone answer it, and since I like River Zoras, here's a sprite (at x2 scale, not sure what is ideal). I may do an animated one if I have time, and try and get the mole as well. I'll add this one to the River Zora page somewhere. Fizzle 18:49, 10 September 2011 (EDT)
Item subscreen images
Good afternoon. I was wondering if someone could upload the following images. They're necessary for new item navigation templates.
- The OOT quest item subscreen.
- The MM quest item subscreen.
- The TP quest item subscreen.
Hello. It seems that K2L has left Zelda Wiki. Are K2L's image requests still valid? I have access to the TWW quest item subscreen and the TP quest item subscreen. Wwtoonlinkfan 19:47, 24 January 2012 (EST)
- I don't see why that makes his request any less valid. Please don't hesitate to upload images you feel can be used to improve the wiki. — Abdullah [T] [C] [S] 07:34, 25 January 2012 (EST)
Let's add Skyward Sword's item subscreens to the list. I'm planning on creating the template for OoT, MM, and TP. wwtoonlinkfan 01:20, 12 December 2012 (UTC)
Skyward Sword Images
- I just uploaded a map of the sky (seen below), but it isn't detailed enough (it doesn't display that Bug Rock and probably some other locations). Could someone upload a more detailed version of this so that I can make a more detailed image map.
Twilight Princess enemies
It would be good if pictures of the Bulblins and Bokoblins variations appearing in the Twilight would be uploaded, as every other variation of an enemie appearing in the Twilight also has a picture. And also for the Shadow Bulblins there should be two pictures, one for the Archers and one for the ones using clubs. SkullJ 20:09, 19 February 2012 (EST)
Princess Ruto images
Hello. As suggested on Princess Ruto's talk page, we need images of Princess Ruto in Ocarina of Time 3D, most preferably her adult forme. It's also hinted on the Ocarina of Time 3D page that she has 2 different appearances beside her adult and child ones. So that would be 2 images at the least. Thanks! —Darkness(Talk) 18:04, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
Mega version of File:Zelda and Link-Stained Glass.jpg
I found a very large version of File:Zelda and Link-Stained Glass.jpg that needs editing to make fit to replace the current version. I don't have the image editing skills to be able to fix the image. The current version is on the left, and the new version is on the right.
wwtoonlinkfan 02:06, 1 January 2013 (UTC)
- I wouldn't mind sizing this down, though I have one question before doing that. What is the largest images can be here? Pixel 11:00, 25 January 2013 (ADT)
- That's actually a pretty good size. Images can be as big as 20 MB (theoretically). The bigger, the better. :P (As long as its quality doesn't degrade the bigger it gets.) --Dany36 15:48, 25 January 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, 20 MB is the max. Also the wiki is supposed to be able to thumbnail images at least 15 MP in size (that can be changed if we need it), so the current size should be fine... For some reason it's not working right now, though. Probably has something to do with the fact that the server's been derpy lately. I guess we'll have to wait and see if the problem goes away on its own.
- The new image is not as vibrant as the current image and does not reflect the true colors of the original source, which are more accurately reflected by the current image. In short, the new image is too dark. wwtoonlinkfan 01:18, 4 February 2013 (UTC)
Zelda's Adventure Request
I need some one to push this block in the Shrine of Air and take a picture of the enemy that spawns from it. --Shadow Reaper 13:26, 5 February 2013 (UTC)