From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Game(s)||Four Swords Adventures|
|Notable Member(s)||None to speak of; See: Theories|
The Zuna tribe inhabits the Desert of Doubt in Four Swords Adventures. Little is known about them aside from that they are descendants of the ones who built the Pyramid housing the trident that eventually made Ganondorf King of Darkness.
Having only had one short appearance in a 2D game, little can be said about the Zunas' physiology. From the side, it looks like their heads are supposed to be rather thin, with no signs of a nose. Since the graphics don't provide much detail, this may not be an accurate observation. This means that currently, their sole distinct feature is their vibrant green skin, which is pale green at their faces. Some may say they are Cactus-like.
Their garbs are reminiscent of Middle Eastern or Indian culture, featuring turbans and flowing robes. The Zuna reside in huts topped in giant flowers, which, along with the high amount of plants/seeds in their well-watered village, might suggest affiliation to the plant life.
Among the few examples of culture seen is a massage salon, which offers a special technique known as a sand rub to improve one's health. Underneath the salon, another Zuna hosts a low-risk gambling game. He requests a payment of 100 Force Gems to allow the client to pick one from three treasure chests which may contain 1, 100, 150 or 300 Force Gems.
Due to living deep in the desert, the Zuna have little contact with outsiders. Moreso, despite sharing their habitat with the Gerudo, who decide who enters the Desert of Doubt and who consider the Pyramid sacred, they do not seem to have any noteworthy bond to them. The Zuna are happy to welcome visitors to their village though.
The Zuna are descendants of the ones who built the Pyramid far off into the Desert of Doubt, past the Desert Temple. Supposedly, that happened in a time their tribe was much more advanced, as one Zuna notes that "[they] may not look it now, but [they] are descended from the wise pyramid builders". The story of their legacy is made sure to be passed on to each Zuna during their youth.
Four Swords Adventures
The Zuna's village saw Ganondorf pass through on his way to the Pyramid shortly before the events of Four Swords Adventures. When Link came by later, the Zuna informed him of this and he promptly went on to the Pyramid.
The Hero met two more Zuna outside of the village. One in the desert, who advised him on how to get past one of the desert's many traps, and one within the pyramid, who mentioned the need for Pegasus Boots to cross the pitfalls.
- Zuna's skin color and body shape is slightly reminiscent of cacti, which may be a reference to how they live in the desert.
- The Zuna may have been named for the Zuni, a Native American tribe in the southwestern United States.
- The Zuna's name appears to be based on the Japanese word for sand, 砂 (Suna).
- ↑ "I'll give you a sand rub for 100 Force Gems! It's a special massage that's good for the heart!" — Zuna (Four Swords Adventures)
- ↑ "Will your Force Gems multiply or dropify? Risk 100 Force Gems and see! What do you say?" — Zuna gambler (Four Swords Adventures)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "The man who came from the south a while back gave off bad vibes. I waved and everything, but the jerk just ignored me! Hmph!" — Zuna (Four Swords Adventures)
- ↑ "I was wandering about and came across this temple in the desert. Eh? Where was it? Uhm...let's see... I had no business there, so I forgot." — Zuna (Four Swords Adventures)
- ↑ "Oh, visitors to this village are truly rare, you know? We of the Zuna tribe live in this village. We may not look it now, but we are descended from the wise pyramid builders!" — Zuna at the village's entrance (Four Swords Adventures)
- ↑ "Do you want to know the secret of the pyramid? When we're young, we're told all the legends of the pyramid! There are many frightening tales about the pyramid. They say there's an evil force... No, wait... They say there's no evil force. Wait...which one was it? Evil force or no evil force?" — Zuna (Four Swords Adventures)
- ↑ "To go west from here, you must take uniform steps and move slowly. Or else!" — Zuna out in the desert (Four Swords Adventures)
- ↑ "Oh! This is SO frustrating! The floor's filled with holes, and I can't go anywhere! I wish I could fly like a Pegasus... If only I had boots that could do that!" — Zuna in Pyramid (Four Swords Adventures)
|Names in Other Regions|
|The Races of the Zelda Universe|
|Anouki · Ancient Robot · Cobble · Demon · Deity · Deku Scrub · Fairy · Garo · Gerudo · Goron · Ho Ho Tribe · Human · Hylian · Kikwi · Kokiri · Korok · Lokomo · Minish · Mogma · Parella · Oocca · Rito · Salona · Sheikah · Skull Kid · Subrosian · Tokay · Twili · Watarara · Wind Tribe · Yeti · Yook · Zora · Zuna|