Fortress of Winds
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Game(s)||The Minish Cap|
|Main Item||Mole Mitts|
|Quest Reward(s)||Ocarina of Winds|
The Fortress of Winds is a location in The Minish Cap. It is large complex that was once inhabited by the Wind Tribe; however, they abandoned it and traveled to the Cloud Tops, making it serve as the third dungeon in the game. Instead of receiving the Wind Element from this dungeon, which the Wind Tribe took with them to the skies, the Ocarina of Wind is obtained, allowing Link to fly to any uncovered Wind Crest in Hyrule.
The dungeon is effectively a three-dimensional maze, as it has three floors and rooms on the same floor are frequently not directly connected, moreso than in most other dungeons, and thus routes from one part of the dungeon to another tend to involve both horizontal travel through part of a given floor and vertical travel between floors via ladders or holes that Link must fall through. The main item is the Mole Mitts, which are instrumental in navigating the dungeon, as much of it is filled with earth that must be tunneled through to proceed.
Unusually for this game, the Fortress of Winds has a post-boss area. After defeating Mazaal, Link ascends to the roof of the dungeon, where he finds the Ocarina of Wind and a plaque telling of the Wind Tribe's departure to the Cloud Tops.
Minor Enemies and Traps
- Mazaal, the dungeon's boss was originally designed to repel intruders from the fortress. And apparently, it has done a good job, since there are no living enemies (that is except for the Keeses) to be found whatsoever.
- ↑ "The people who built the Wind Ruins. They now live above the clouds, suspended by their own magic ability to control the wind." — Wind Tribe Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- ↑ "Although we are of the Wind Tribe, we, too, once lived on the surface. Once, the place you call the Wind Ruins was, to us, a home." — Caprice (The Minish Cap)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "This is the home of the Wind Tribe. We left the surface long ago. Now, we guard the entrance to the Palace of Winds... ...In this palace, the Wind Element resides." — N/A (The Minish Cap)
- ↑ "Our tribe abandoned the place you call the Wind Ruins... With our magic, we moved our palace up into the skies. We are the Wind Tribe." — Siroc (The Minish Cap)
- ↑ "I do believe this is where the Tribe of the Winds once lived. Hm... So they've left for the heavens, and taken their element with them." — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)
- ↑ "We are the Tribe of the Winds. Long have we lived with the winds. We have mastered them. Now, we join them." — Stone tablet on the top floor (The Minish Cap)
- ↑ "Appears in the Fortress of Winds. Constructed by the Wind Tribe to repel intruders, this sturdy machine cannot be destroyed by any external force." — Mazaal Figurine (The Minish Cap)
|Names in Other Regions|
|German||Tor des Windes|