The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Manga)
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Manga)|
|Publisher(s)|| Viz Media|
|Release date|| Volume 1|
October 7, 2008
January 28, 2000
December 2, 2008
April 26, 2000
|ISBN|| Volume 1|
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time manga (ゼルダの伝説 時のオカリナ, Zeruda no Densetsu: Toki no Okarina) is a manga by Akira Himekawa loosely based on the story of Ocarina of Time. It was released in Japan by Shogakukan in 2000 and made available in English through Viz Media in 2008. The manga is split into two parts, fanonically called the "Child Chapters" and the "Adult Chapters", though this is slightly misleading, as the "Child Chapters" contain several chapters following Link after he has already pulled the Master Sword from its pedestal and aged seven years.
The contents of the first volume of the manga are broken into two parts with a total of ten chapters. The contents are as follows:
Ocarina of Time
- Chapter 1: The Great Deku Tree Incident
- Chapter 2: Link's Journey Begins
- Chapter 3: The Mystery of the Triforce
- Chapter 4: The Search for the Spiritual Stone of Fire!
- Chapter 5: Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly
- Chapter 6: The Hero of Time is Born
Hero of Time
- Chapter 1: Sword of Legend: The Master Sword
- Chapter 2: The Sage of the Forest: Saria
- Chapter 3: An Old and Beloved Friend
- Chapter 4: Link vs. Link
The contents of the second volume of the manga continues from the second half of Part One and also includes two additional bonus stories. The contents are as follows:
Hero of Time
- Chapter 5: Shadow Guide: Sheik
- Chapter 6: The Haunted Wasteland
Link, still guided by Sheik, enters a vast desert. Sheik betrays poor Link, handing him over to the evil Gerudo. Link is then rescued by Sheik him/herself and explains that he/she betrayed Link for undercover purposes. The Twinrova attack Sheik, accuesing him/her of being a traitor. Link carries unconscious Sheik away.
- Chapter 7: A Fated Reunion
Link, with injured and still unconscious Sheik, camps at an oasis. Link goes to get water and Sheik wakes up. Her face wrap is off and Link is here! Sheik removes the rest of her disguise, revealing her true identity, Princess Zelda.
- Chapter 8: Ganondorf Defeated!
- Chapter 9: A New Journey Begins
Ocarina of Time- Bonus Story
- The Skull Kid and the Mask (Part 1)
- The Skull Kid and the Mask (Part 2)
Hero of Time- Bonus Story
- Rouru of the Watarara