Zelda Wiki:Milk Bar
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Welcome to the Milk Bar! This is the feedback area where you can ask questions, point out problems and improve yourself. Here at the Milk Bar, you can:
- Report problems that you might be having with the wiki (ex. can't get a page to load, errors when uploading an image, etc.).
- Ask wiki-related questions that you might have to the Zelda Wiki staff (ex. how to do upload an image, concerns, editing advice, etc.).
- Make small requests you may not be able to do on your own (ex. making userboxes not found in the Userbox List).
To propose changes that should be made to the wiki or discuss large wiki projects, please post in Hyrule Castle instead.
Zelda Wiki Help Guide first to see if your issue isn't already answered there. If it is not then please check the Table of Contents to see if your issue has already been raised. Alternatively, head through the Door of Time and see if your issue was raised in the past., with the most recent at the bottom of the page. Please fully examine the
To facilitate ease of browsing and replying, please:
- Post your question or feedback by clicking "Add topic" at the top of the page. Alternatively, place the title of your question == between pairs of equals signs == at the bottom of the list
- Remember to always sign your posts with name, date and time (by adding ~~~~ at the end of your post)
This page will be archived periodically. If you would like to see past questions and requests, go here.
|Castle Town · Hyrule Castle · Milk Bar · Door of Time · Image Requests|
I keep getting "Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data. Please try again. If it still does not work, try logging out and logging back in" whenever I try to save my edits to a page on the wiki. I don't know if this issue is just occuring for me, or if its occuring to multiple users on the wiki. However, I would appreciate some input or help to fix this. XXSuperXXNintendoXx 21:45, 30 May 2012 (EDT)
Zelda Wiki doesn't seem to want to keep me logged in. Every time I've tried to log in in the past few days, I either get a message saying I have cookies disabled (I've checked; I don't) or it logs me out after at most a few minutes. I've tried clearing my history and it still happens. No other site is logging me out like this. Can anyone tell me what's going on? --Osteoderm Jacket 19:30, 31 May 2012 (EDT)
It did so for me as well, I had to enable my cookies and it worked again, I'm using Windows and IE if that matters. XXSuperXXNintendoXx 19:46, 31 May 2012 (EDT)
- It is quite odd. I have no idea what's happening behind the scenes, so I can't say what the exact cause is. However, checking off "Remember me" should help. And if that fails, just keep trying to log in. Eventually it will accept your request. Same thing with session errors. Just keep submitting till it accepts your revision. — Abdullah [T] [C] [S] 03:57, 1 June 2012 (EDT)
Minish Cap Credits
Can someone add a link to the Minish Cap credits onto the Minish Cap page of the main page? I would but it's protected. Thanks --Heroofstuff 20:46, 6 June 2012 (EDT)
- Done and done. Oh, and for the record, the main page may be protected, but autoconfirmed users like yourself can edit some parts of it, like the Main Page/Nav. — Hylian King [*] 21:02, 6 June 2012 (EDT)
- Thanks Hylian King, I forgot that it's the Main Page/Nav. I had to edit :P. any way thanks agian. --Heroofstuff 21:18, 6 June 2012 (EDT)
Edit count error
When going to Special:EditCount/Cuddles, I get the following error:
Server error The website encountered an error while retrieving http://zeldawiki.org/Special:EditCount/Cuddles. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly. Here are some suggestions: • Reload this webpage later. HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.
- It looks like the extension isn't working problem. We've noted it down, and we'll try to fix it when we get server access again. In the mean time, you can check your edit count using this or this. It already looks like you have the second on your userpage. — Abdullah [T] [C] [S] 04:04, 14 June 2012 (EDT)
Reference not working
I added a reference to the Shrine of Earth but it's not working, instead it just says Cite error: ref tags exist, but no references tag was found. Does any one know how to fix these? --Shadow Reaper 05:48, 21 June 2012 (EDT)
- I tried doing that and it still didn't work unless those don't work in show preview......MY GOD THE WIKI IS HAUNTED (RUN AWAY LIKE LITTLE CHILDERN) anyway thanks Fizzle. ^-^ b --Shadow Reaper 07:36, 21 June 2012 (EDT)
- I think it was because you hadn't closed the gallery tag. If the gallery is still deemed "open" it causes issues. It's fixed now anyway! In future, if you have trouble, try to find a page that does what you want and just copy it exactly. Heck, just copy and paste it and change the info, works well! Also this sort of question is best suited for the Milk Bar, just so you know. No worries though. ※Fizzle 07:41, 21 June 2012 (EDT)
- To make an interwiki link, just type it like you would any normal link, but add the wiki's prefix at the front. Icaruspedia's prefix is "ip", so typing [[ip:Kraken]] makes ip:Kraken. But you'll want to hide the prefix with a pipe link, like so it just shows Kraken ([[ip:Kraken|Kraken]]). It appears Icaruspedia doesn't have any article called "Kraken", though... — Hylian King [*] 22:07, 21 June 2012 (EDT)
- Groan! Accually there is but the title of the article is Space Kraken. I just got the name wrong. It should work now. Anyway thanks!
walkthrough on the wiki?
Um. Hello,i am new to the wiki and i am wondering if the wiki has walkthroughs or if anyone is planning to add any. Just wanted to know. Thanks! —Preceding unsigned comment added by Mr.mabob (talk) 22:59, 24 June 2012
- As a wiki, our goal is not to provide walkthroughs, but cover all aspects of the series in an encyclopedic manner. Things like walkthroughs are left to our Mastermind Sites. By the way, don't forget to sign your posts with four tildes (~~~~). This automatically puts down your username and a timestamp so we can know who made the post and when. — Hylian King [*] 20:13, 24 June 2012 (EDT)
ok thank you! --Mr.mabob 07:25, 25 June 2012 (EDT)Mr.Mabob
Source, Game, etc. information not updated when updating a file
Whilst updating files recently I've noticed that while you can fill in the information like Game and Type underneath the File Changes, it doesn't appear to update the file itself at all, and it just gets lumped into the file changes panel as text. Is this a known issue? It's not major but it's a bit annoying. ※Fizzle 14:33, 2 July 2012 (EDT)
- That will not happen. Simply uploading a new version of a file does not change its description. You should be able to change a file description by clicking the "Edit" tab at the top of the file. --Cuddles (Sit next door) 16:22, 2 July 2012 (EDT)
- Is there any particular reason those sections are there when updating an image when they have no affect on it? Just a leftover from the uploading system? It took me a little while to realize it had no effect. ※Fizzle 21:09, 3 July 2012 (EDT)
I put a picture of a Leek on a talk page after a post then they told me they have been "Wiki Leeked". What started this?--Barr1213 18:17, 2 July 2012 (EDT)
- It's a pun on the Website Wikileaks, told in a jokingly manner. --Shadow Reaper 00:56, 3 July 2012 (EDT)
Copyright status for File:No van.png
The copyright status of this image is clearly wrong, and User:Dany36 says: "All of the video games described on ZeldaWiki.org are copyrighted either to Nintendo or another video games producer. Common examples of such content include screenshots, sprites, renders, offical artwork, game cover art, and game logos." --Cuddles (Sit next door) 14:11, 8 July 2012 (EDT)
Picture uploading help?
I wanted to change my picture on my page, but when I uploaded it, it went into the "List of uploads" section. Is there any way I can delete it? I only wanted to upload it straight to my page. TriforceSlash 15:13, 9 July 2012 (EDT)
- It doesn't really work that way; you can't upload a file straight to a page. All files are uploaded to the wiki as a whole and can be thumbnailed or linked to from any page. — Hylian King [*] 11:29, 10 July 2012 (EDT)
Ok, well, I just don't want to cause a problem. Y'know, people see some poorly drawn Sonic in the Uploads section, they're like, "What the heck is this?". All I wanted was an avatar ;_; Oh well, as long as it doesn't cause any problems, I'm fine with it. TriforceSlash 15:33, 10 July 2012 (EDT)
For some reason, when I'm editing a page (The following is what I THINK causes it, I'm not 100% sure), if I preview it without putting four "~" things, after I put them there it says I've added "New external links". I then have to answer a question to prevent "Automated spam", or something. Any way to fix this? TriforceSlash 12:30, 11 July 2012 (EDT)
- The captcha is, as you said, a countermeasure against automated spam, which we'd been having problems with in the past. It's only supposed to appear when adding new external links to an article, but it appears the code is a little buggy. We are aware of this problem and are looking into it. Please bear with us in the meantime. Sorry for the inconvenience! — Hylian King [*] 09:18, 13 July 2012 (EDT)
There is currently a problem with ZeldaUniverse.net. When trying to access galleries, I get an HTTP 503 error.
- From the looks of it, it's just a server error. Those are somewhat common, so they're not really something to worry about. - ＰａｋｋｕｎT S C 16:46, 11 July 2012 (EDT)
- The 503s are likely due the multiple-server structure that Zelda Wiki and Zelda Universe share. That's why ZW and ZU usually go down at the same time. Unfortunately, there is really nothing that can be done about it from our end. Give it an hour or so and it should go away. — Hylian King [*] 17:59, 11 July 2012 (EDT)
how do I paste pic's
normally I now how to paste pictures but when i tried to paste a pic on the "Fire Eye"(which does not have a picture at this point in time)page of the wiki the pic did not show up can someone help? Mr.mabob 18:02, 15 July 2012 (EDT)
- To use an image in an article it has to be uploaded to the wiki first. To display the image in an article, type the file name between brackets. For example, typing [[File:Small Key LA.png]] makes . You should check out our video tutorial on uploading and adding images to pages. You can also check out our Help Guide or the MediaWiki manual for help with images. — Hylian King [*] 18:35, 15 July 2012 (EDT)
- Done. For future reference, you don't have to post here every time you want an image to be deleted. Just tag it with the ImDel Template and it'll get deleted by an admin eventually. --Dany36 19:29, 15 July 2012 (EDT)
There appears to be a problem with the title blacklist. This problematic line of code was found in the blacklist: