The statue of the Hero of Time
in The Wind Waker
Protecting the Master Sword
Link Statues are recurring objects in the Zelda series.
Oracle of Ages
Once Link defeats Veran atop the Black Tower in Oracle of Ages, peace returns to Labrynna. Afterwards, Link is treated with utmost respect by the inhabitants of Lynna City. Statues of Link are placed within the village, which can be seen in the present age as well. The statue can be seen in the credits of Oracle of Ages, with Queen Ambi overseeing its construction.
The Wind Waker
In The Wind Waker, a statue of Link appears in Hyrule Castle deep below the surface of the Great Sea. It is a monument to the Hero of Time, and hides the basement chamber where the Master Sword lies. The statue can be moved after Link completes a puzzle, granting the young hero access. Once Link exits the chamber with the Master Sword, the statue moves back into place.
After Link and Tetra flee from Forsaken Fortress, the statue is once again moved, so that they may enter the chamber. Once in the chamber, Link and Tetra meet Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, who reveals that he is the King of Red Lions. Alongside this, Daphnes also reveals that Tetra is his descendant, Princess Zelda. After learning of her true identity and destiny, Princess Zelda decides to wait inside the basement chamber until Link obtains the Triforce of Courage and restores the Master Sword to its full power.
Once Link has gained the power to defeat Ganondorf, he returns to find that the statue has been destroyed and the chamber left open. As he heads inside, the young hero finds that Princess Zelda has been kidnapped by Ganondorf, who leaves Link to fight a few Mighty Darknuts inside the chamber.
- "Thank you, Link. Thanks to you, Lynna City is a peaceful place once again!" — Nayru (Oracle of Ages)
- "You! Kids aren't allowed in... Sir Link! Excuse me!" — Palace Guard (Oracle of Ages)
- "You look just like the statue outside... Say! Are you Link?!? I never thought I'd actually get to see you!" — Villager (Oracle of Ages)
- "You are the true heir of the royal family of Hyrule...the last link in the bloodline. You are Princess Zelda." — King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule (The Wind Waker)
- "Zelda... It is far too dangerous for you to join us in this task. Fortunately, this sacred chamber is not yet known to Ganon. It is my wish that you wait here in hiding until we return." — King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule (The Wind Waker)