|Main Prize||Piece of Heart|
Location and Rules
Running around multiple sharp turns, the Rickety Coaster is a mine-cart track that connects large, ancient buildings that were part of a town where the citizens would help build the ships located in Lanayru Shipyard. Gortram would spend his day riding the tracks due to being alone for years. It is first used as an alternative when the entrance to the Shipyard leading to more clues about the Sandship is found to be locked. Gortram allows Link to use the mine cart after explaining how to ride it safely. After riding through twists and turns Link reaches the Construction Bay where nothing but a Moldarach and sand is found.
After defeating the Moldarach, Link can return to the Rickety Coaster to find that Gortram has set up a minigame for the price of 20 Rupees with two track choices: the "Heart Stopping!" or the "Scary!" track. "The Heart Stopping!" requires that Link beats Gortram's incredible time of 1:05 in order to receive a Piece of Heart. Provided that Link's time is under 1:10, he is awarded with various Treasures. The "Scary!" track's rewards are 50 Rupees for a time of under 40 seconds, and 100 Rupees for beating Gortram's record of 30 seconds.
- "His name is Gortram. He is a colorful entrepreneur of the Goron race--beings made of living stone. He has started various ventures and currently owns and operates the Rickety Coaster." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "We've arrived, vrrm! This is the island where we used to make our ships, bzzt. You'll find the Shipyard here, as well at the town where the workers lived vweep!" — Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "I have been here alone for...well, who knows how long. Years. But I get to ride these carts every day, and I never get bored of it!" — Gortram (Skyward Sword)
- "That building is the construction bay, vrrm! But the entrance is closed, vrrrm. Looks like you can't get in. Each location on the island is linked to the others via a mine-cart track, vrrm! You might be able to get to the back door of the construction bay if you can get around to the other side of it using a mine cart, brrzrrt." — Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "What do you say? Have you got the guts to ride the Rickety Coaster? Just 20 Rupees a ride." — Gortram (Skyward Sword)
|Names in Other Regions|
|SpanishLA||La montaña rusa|
|FrenchCA||Wagonnet du péril|